Unguided Tour: Most of the tours we offer have an unguided option. With this tour you meet us at the launch site the same as a guided tour; you arrive ½ hour earlier. Our guide will provide you with all your equipment, answer any questions you have about the area, and help you in the water. Then, you head out on your own away from the group to paddle where you would like. The guide will provide you with the return time for your trip. An unguided tour allows you to enjoy your day without the hassle of loading rental kayaks on your vehicle and fussing with the gear.
To make a reservation call our office at (321) 268-2655
Kayak Rentals: If you would like more time on the water and don't mind transporting boats yourself, we offer a selection of kayaks that are great for everyone from the novice to the most experienced paddler. Rentals are available every day and include Kayak, PDF, paddle, whistle and straps.
To rent a kayak you will need to call our office (321) 268-2655 to check availability.
Pricing for rentals is below.
Rentals Available Every Day; Please call to reserve...
Rentals include: Kayak, PFD, whistle, paddle, straps if needed. Unguided trips include all gear the same as a guided tour.
Bring with you: water, snacks, towel, camera, change of clothing, bug repellent, personal kayaking gear, shoes you don't mind getting wet, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
Directions to rental pickup location are here
A Day Away Inc. reserves the right to deny service to any patron deemed to be an impaired paddler for whatever reason. Your safety and the safety of the group are our highest priority.
Please understand that when a reservation is made with A Day Away, that it is a commitment for us to hold seats for you. We can (and often do) turn away others from that particular date (or trip). If you decide to cancel, it can be difficult for us to book someone else on that trip. With this in mind we must hold to the following policies:
**Included in your reservation is a deposit - For parties of 4 or less this is $3/person and for parties of 5 of more it is 5% of the trip total. THIS DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE
In the event that you must cancel your reservation, you will be charged as follows:
1. Reservations cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will receive a full refund less the deposit, no questions asked.
2. Reservations cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure will be charged full trip price.
3. Groups arriving at time of event with less than the number of participants originally booked will be charged for each no-show at full price.
4. Same day cancellations are charged 100% of total trip price.
5. Tours will wait for parties “running late” for 15 minutes beyond the published tour time. After that the tour will launch as scheduled and your card will be charged the full amount for that tour.
6. Cancellations will not be accepted via email. Please confirm your change in plans by phone. Email is unreliable.
Please Know: This is Florida, rain at your location DOES NOT mean rain at our launch site.
Please Know: We will not paddle in unsafe conditions.
Please Know: A Day Away makes the final decision on whether a trip cancels due to weather.
We attempt in all cases to determine prior to your tour launch if weather will impede your trip. However, there are rare occasions where we have launched and weather patterns change suddenly at which time we must return to shore.
In this case the following policies apply and each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
~~Where tour is cancelled after we already launched the kayaks and must return to shore patrons can:
· Reschedule with a future trip
· Receive Gift Certificate for the full amount applicable to future trips
· Receive a 50% refund
~~Where tour is cancelled before we have launched the kayaks patrons can:
· Reschedule the same trip on a future date (at no cost)
· Cancel completely. Each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
In the event you choose to cancel you will receive a full refund minus the non-refundable deposit that was included in your reservation. Schedule noted above**
A Day Away Inc. is not responsible for any reservation you fail to keep due to weather conditions, road hazards, vehicle breakdowns, personal agenda, or other unforeseen conditions that may hinder your participation in the tour as scheduled. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any trip due to circumstances beyond our control: water fluctuations, weather conditions, insufficient reservations or acts of God. In such cases, we cannot be responsible for paying any expenses you may have incurred other than to refund monies due to you for tour price.
There are no exceptions to these cancellation policies. (321) 268-2655