The ideal way to see the Gunnison Gorge and Black Canyon - from the inside! A true wilderness experience, this 14 mile river section combines incredible wildlife and scenery, with class II-III+ whitewater through one of the most spectacular canyons in Colorado. Join us on a hike to the put-in from the canyon rim, 800 feet above the Gunnison River. From there, enjoy the pool-drop rapids below the Black Canyon National Park as we float the river through the Gunnison Gorge Wilderness. The "Gold Medal Waters" of the Gunnison Gorge are famous for its world-class Rainbow and Brown trout fishing, insect hatches, geology, and wildlife, but sees moderate use because of its remote location, and challenging access.
Advanced Reservations Required - Limited Launch Schedule *Additional unlisted calendar dates may also be available - Please Call.
BLM PUBLIC LAND USE FEE APPLIES
Meet at our Outfitter Shop - Depart for Chukar Trail and approach to Put-In - Rig gear, saftey talk, launch - Float Fish - Lunch -Float Fish - Takeout - Return to RIGS
*Please advise: this trip is a "sun up to sun down" affair and only offered at certain times of the year, typically May, when waterlevels are flowing over 1000 CFS. This trip should be considered for the Experienced Angler Only!
Listed are some basic essentials for your guided fishing trip.
Please note: you can purchase or rent any of these items at our fly shop upon arrival.
Fly Fishing Essentials:
· Rod & Reel – 5 to 7 weight rod/reel/line. (Rod preferences are subject to current water levels, hatches and locations.
· Waders and Boots- (if you would like to rent, please contact us several days prior to the trip so we can reserve them for you.)
· Leaders- (2x to 6x)
· Tippet- (guides will provide this, but it is nice to have- (3 to 5x)
You will have the opportunity to purchase flies here which may provide you with a better selection than back home.
· Fishing Hat –intense sun!
· Polarized sun glasses.
· Long sleeve shirt- synthetic/light weight.
· Water Bottle- large (“Camel Back hydration packs are ideal”)
· Snacks (Please note: Lunch is included on Full-Day trips only.)
· Camera- bring a good water-proof case.
· Sun Screen- SPF 30+, and lip balm.
· Rain gear & synthetic long underwear (tops & bottoms)
· Additional warm synthetic/wool clothing.
· Day pack
· $$$ for guide gratuities – for quality service only!
The clothing you choose should be warm, lightweight, fast drying and allow good freedom of movement. Synthetics such as polypropylene, pile or fleece, are lighter than wool and also dry much faster.
In the event of a cancellation within 48 hours of your trip departure 100% of the balance will be charged and is considered non-refundable, (90 days out for Gunnison River trips.) * The cancellation of any reservation up to 48 hours will forfeit a standard cancellation penalty of: $15 per-person. (*Cancellation of any Gunnison River trip outside of the 90 days will forfeit a per-person cancellation penalty of: $200 per-person.)
RIGS is not responsible for any cancellations or modifications of tours due to weather condition, road hazards, vehicle breakdowns, or other unforeseen conditions that may hinder the ability for the tour to take place as scheduled. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any trip due to circumstances beyond our control. Clients will have the option to reschedule during the current season based on trip availability. However, trip insurance is always recommended, please contact your local travel agent to acquire trip insurance appropriate for this type of trip.
Copyright © 2005-2013
Adventure Office. All Rights Reserved.