We regularly have Manatee sightings throughout much of the year, but especially from April through October. This two hour tour on the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, east of Titusville Florida, is on one of the most diverse estuaries in North America. Make contact with Florida's most endangered species, the West Indian Manatee. There are few places in the world where an endangered species will approach you. This is one. We also regularly see Atlantic Bottle-Nosed dolphin and many wading birds. Be sure to visit our photo gallery and guestbook and read testimonials about this exciting tour.
You may also want to check out our
Private trips can be scheduled for practically any day that weather permits.
Conditions can be extreme here in Florida. It is important to prepare well to gain the best enjoyment from your trip. Your guides are very familiar with your paddling environment and conditions. Feel free to ask any questions you would like in order to understand all you need to be confident about your trip. Please understand, we will not paddle in unsafe conditions including high winds and thunderstorms.
What to expect…
If you have any difficulty finding us you may reach us at… Office – 321-268-2655 or after hours Cell - 321-302-3810
A Day Away Inc. reserves the right to deny service to any patron deemed to be an impaired paddler for whatever reason. Your safety and the safety of the group are our highest priority.
Please understand that when a reservation is made with A Day Away, that it is a commitment for us to hold seats for you. We can (and often do) turn away others from that particular date (or trip). If you decide to cancel, it can be difficult for us to book someone else on that trip. With this in mind we must hold to the following policies:
**Included in your reservation is a deposit - For parties of 4 or less this is $3/person and for parties of 5 of more it is 5% of the trip total. THIS DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE
In the event that you must cancel your reservation, you will be charged as follows:
1. Reservations cancelled 48 hours or more before a scheduled trip will receive a full refund less the deposit, no questions asked.
2. Reservations cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure will be charged full trip price.
3. Groups arriving at time of event with less than the number of participants originally booked will be charged for each no-show at full price.
4. Same day cancellations are charged 100% of total trip price.
5. Tours will wait for parties “running late” for 15 minutes beyond the published tour time. After that the tour will launch as scheduled and your card will be charged the full amount for that tour.
6. Cancellations will not be accepted via email. Please confirm your change in plans by phone. Email is unreliable.
Please Know: This is Florida, rain at your location DOES NOT mean rain at our launch site.
Please Know: We will not paddle in unsafe conditions.
Please Know: A Day Away makes the final decision on whether a trip cancels due to weather.
We attempt in all cases to determine prior to your tour launch if weather will impede your trip. However, there are rare occasions where we have launched and weather patterns change suddenly at which time we must return to shore.
In this case the following policies apply and each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
~~Where tour is cancelled after we already launched the kayaks and must return to shore patrons can:
· Reschedule with a future trip
· Receive Gift Certificate for the full amount applicable to future trips
· Receive a 50% refund
~~Where tour is cancelled before we have launched the kayaks patrons can:
· Reschedule the same trip on a future date (at no cost)
· Cancel completely. Each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
In the event you choose to cancel you will receive a full refund minus the non-refundable deposit that was included in your reservation. Schedule noted above**
A Day Away Inc. is not responsible for any reservation you fail to keep due to weather conditions, road hazards, vehicle breakdowns, personal agenda, or other unforeseen conditions that may hinder your participation in the tour as scheduled. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any trip due to circumstances beyond our control: water fluctuations, weather conditions, insufficient reservations or acts of God. In such cases, we cannot be responsible for paying any expenses you may have incurred other than to refund monies due to you for tour price.
There are no exceptions to these cancellation policies. (321) 268-2655